In today’s competitive global marketplace, nothing is more important to the success of your business than the ability to protect and retain human resources, intellectual property, trade secrets, workplace technology, and client relationships.
In every industry sector and geographical region, protection of these resources is critical. At Epstein Becker Green, we help our clients obtain and protect these assets by formulating innovative policies that address these needs on a local, national, or worldwide basis. When legal action is necessary, our wealth of experience in this area allows us to act with speed and resolution throughout the country.
Members of our Non-Competes, Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets Practice Group represent businesses in the following ways:
- Preparing enforceable confidentiality agreements and restrictive covenants (i.e., non-competition, non-solicitation, non-disclosure and anti-raiding agreements).
- Creating policies for information ownership, protection and retention (i.e., policies that protect trade secrets and other confidential information, and address electronic discovery requirements and related issues).
- Compensation plan review and design to ensure retention and compliance.
- Advice and counsel regarding structuring and minimization of risk when recruiting individuals or groups of employees.
- Helping clients quickly investigate and respond to situations involving thefts of trade secrets or other types of unfair competition.
- Pursuing and defending litigation involving restrictive covenants, trade secrets, employee raiding, breach of duty of loyalty, breach of contract, unfair competition, and violation of the federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
Contact us for more information.